ftw. Text Modeller
April 13, 2005
An alpha 2.0 version is now available for ftwmaxent. (Version 1.x was a development version only.)
The biggest change is a new online algorithm for estimating feature expectations. This allows estimation to any desired accuracy without memory limitations.
The code will soon also be available in a version for Matlab.
Other changes include bug fixes, new unit tests, a more streamlined code base and a new tutorial.
The algorithm is described in a paper to be submitted for the Interspeech 2005 conference. A link will be posted after the review process.
Nov 30, 2004
Version 0.8.5 of ftwmaxent is now available at SourceForge.
The changes since v0.8 are:
- Added support for SciPy 0.32.
- Fixed various bugs, improved robustness for large problems and/or large feature values.
- Implemented new complex log routines, obviating the need to store indices of positive and negative feature values, for better memory efficienc.
- Included support for the limited memory variable metric code of Zhu, Byrd, and Nocedal available as LBFGS-B in SciPy.
- Fixed a small UTF-8 display bug in the Berger example.